- 3 days
- January to December
- Geographic area
- Level of effort
- Accommodation type
- Rural Tourism Unit
- Prices from
- Ask a quote!
For all nature and great hiking lovers, Splendid Evasion has the perfect tour! Ranging from breathtaking mountainous landscapes to picturesque villages, 3 Hikes is one of a kind journey to the heart of Peneda-Gerês National Park, a scenery of great beauty that always leaves a strong mark on those who come across it.
Allow yourself to be fulfilled with the scents of the mountain, listen to the water parading through the rocks and feel amazed by the color palette oscillating at the whim of the seasons.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (14 km) >
- Pick up at your hotel in Oporto and private transfer to Arcos de Valdevez (approx. 2h).
- The tour will begin with an astonishing hike along a 14 km long trail, in the magnificent and diversified landscape of Peneda-Gerês National Park. Along the way we cross our steps with tiny hamlets lost in the mountains and encounter some ancient wolf traps (called \"fojos\") that villagers used to built to keep the cattle and the population safe.
- Dinner and accomodation at a typical Rural Tourism House and restaurant, in a picturesque mountain village.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (20 km) >
- After a delicious breakfast we set off walking to Peneda.
- Waiting for us is another beautiful scenery, balancing between rural and mountainous, a landscape of dense shrubby vegetation, rich in history and culture. Discover mountain villages, ancient agro-pastoral constructions, cliffs and prominent formations.
- Dinner and accomodation at the heart of Peneda-Gerês National Park.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (24 km) >
- For the last day of this journey you can expect a spectacular trekking through routes of smugglers and pilgrims, that comes accross ancient mountain chapels, the famous granaries in Soajo and some of the best viewpoints on the National Park, as well as a great reservoir.
- Return trip to Oporto and drop-off at the hotel (approx. 2h).
- End of our services.
Included in the Tour
2-Night Accommodation with breakfast
Both lunch (picninc during the activities) and dinner, according to the program
Private transfer and transportation to/from activity sites
Permanent assistant/driver and expert guides, fluent in English
Access licenses to restricted areas of the natural reserve and National Park
Personal Accident and Liability Insurance in the activities
Logistic support in all activities
Food reinforcement / energetic supplements
Not included in the Tour
Day 3 dinner
Food and beverages not specified on the program
Transfers not mentioned on the program
OTHER EXPERIENCES YOU MAY INCLUDE
Even in bad weather :) Excellent activities, adapted to weather conditions!