- 4 days
- January to December
- Geographic area
- Level of effort
- Min: 2Max: 12
- Accommodation type
- Rural Tourism Unit
- Wine & Gastronomy
- Prices from
- Ask a quote!
Northern Wines is breathtaking journey through the senses, in search of the strong flavors of the awarded Wines and traditional Cuisine of an entire region - greatest icons of tradition and alive legacy.
Join Splendid Evasion as we follow the river from romantic Oporto to Douro Valley. There, among an unique scenery of serenity, discover the Wine Estates and listen to the stories behind each one of them, raise your glass between the vineyards and enjoy the refinement of staying in a exquisite Quinta.
To close the return trip to Oporto on a high note, we offer the chance to visit a Vinho Verde Wine Property - as the landscape slowly changes, so do the flavours and the cultural heritage.
Back in the city, there are two other experiences not to be missed: a Tasting of the famous nectar in the renowned Port Wine Cellars and an unforgettable dinner by the sound of the most beautiful Fado Music.
- > FREE TIME IN OPORTO + FADO EVENING >
- Meet and greet at Oporto Airport (OPO) and private transfer to the hotel.
- Enjoy the free time after checking-in to stroll around the historical center of Oporto... as you discover its great historical, artistic and cultural heritage, there is no other chance but to deeply fall in love with this romantic city.
- As the evening comes, we welcome you with a typical portuguese regional dinner at the sound of the beautiful Fado music, UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- 4-Star Hotel accommodation in the city.
- > GUIDED VISIT, WINE TASTING & LUNCH AT A \"QUINTA\" IN DOURO VALLEY + PRIVATE BOAT RIDE >
- After a tasty breakfast, you will be driven by our private transfer to Campanhã Train Station: the journey to Douro Valley will be made by train so no time is wasted. Outside the window, an astonishing landscape follows us and the river.
- Upon arrival, we will visit and have lunch at one of the most emblematic Douro Wine Properties. Surrounded by a priceless landscape, take your time to discover our traditions and flavors as you visit vineyards, warehouses and cellars... and when the time comes, try the fabulous food and, of course, their wines.
- Before night falls, there\'s something left still: sit back, chill and discover the vineyards aligned in ledges along the river, as you sail the peaceful waters of Douro.
- Dinner and accommodation at another Wine Property in Douro Valley.
- > 2nd VISIT TO A \"QUINTA\" + GUIDED VISIT, WINE TASTING & LUNCH AT A 3rd WINERY (Douro Wines or Vinho Verde) >
- After breakfast, it\'s the perfect chance to properly visit the property where you are lodged. Unveil all history and tradition that sustain the identity of this amazing place and taste their wine. As a simbolic gift we offer you the landscape!
- On the way back to the city of Oporto, we have another stop left - two choices are offered, so you can close the day as you prefer: visit a third Winery in Douro Valley or venture yourself through the flavors of \"Vinho Verde\" from Minho region, unique in Portugal. Either way, we will take you to another refined Wine Estate, for a guided visit followed by a regional lunch and Wine Tasting in the Property.
- 4-Star Hotel accommodation in the city of Oporto.
- > GUIDED VISIT TO PORT WINE CELLARS + WINE TASTING >
- And for this last day, the icing on the cake: visit the Port Wine Cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia and enjoy this famous nectar by the riverbank, with the old town of Oporto as spectator.
- Private transfer to Oporto Airport (OPO) at due schedule.
- End of our services.
Included in the Tour
3-Night Accommodation with Breakfast
Lunch and Dinner, according to the program
Wine Tasting and Guided Visits to all mentioned Wine Producers / Cellars
Private Boat Ride on Douro River
Private transfer and transportation to/from activity sites
Permanent monitor and expert guides, fluent in English
Not included in the Tour
Day 1 lunch
Day 3 dinner
Day 4 both lunch and dinner
Food and beverages not specified on the program
Transfers not mentioned on the program