WITH BIKE,WITH SEA
- 8 days
- January to December
- Geographic area
- Level of effort
- Min: 4Max: 10
- Accommodation type
- Rural Tourism Unit
- Prices from
- Ask a quote!
In the Southwest region of Portugal there\\\'s a well-kept secret treasure we want to share with splendid Nature lovers…
Between breathtaking cliffs, there are traditional villages of fishermen and stories from the sea, hidden, yet awaiting to be unveiled by those who come across it... it\\\'s the sound of big waves crashing against huge rock formations, the gentle scent of oak trees and pine forests, trails crossing rice fields and lagoons, smooth streams flowing peacefully between green mountains, finding their way to the wide deep blue ocean... and so do we!
Riding along this magical wild coast, smile back at the sun and swim in paradise: this is Alentejo!
- Reception at Lisbon Airport and transfer to the hotel.
- Arriving at Sesimbra, there is free time for you to stroll around this lovely white town, built facing the sea. Land of fishermen, fresh seafood and friendly people, in this splendid bay we find the tranquility of a perfect blue.
- As the sun sets, nothing's better than a welcome drink in the confort of the hotel, followed by a tasty dinner on a local restaurant.
- 4-Star Hotel accommodation in Sesimbra.
- It is said that all great days start with an amazing breakfast and this one is surely no exception!
- We then pick up our bikes and start our cycling adventure, heading to Setúbal.
- Through a mountainous route, we cycle along Serra da Arrábida Natural Park, an astonishing scenario of both green and blue. Our first stop is still in Sesimbra, on the castle looking over the sea and the town. A picture-perfect view announcing the great landscapes ahead.
- As we climb and conquer this beautiful mountain range, we set foot on top of the big hills to contemplate the wide, priceless ocean and then head down to the shore for a swim and a picnic-style lunch on the beach.
- As it is once again time to ride, we then proceed along the coastline and, of course, get a totally different point of view over this indescribable landscape.
- Dinner and accommodation at a 4-star Hotel in Setúbal.
- We continue our way heading South with a boat cross from Setúbal to Tróia. As we approach the other shore, the landscape gets less and less urban. Once again on two wheels, we cycle through impressive sand dunes, reach a marvellous beach and discover amazing rice fields.
- Still in the morning time we invite you to a delightful Wine Tasting, as part of a visit to a famous winery.
- Afterwards it is already time to stop for lunch; therefore we have prepared a delicious picnic, made from carefully selected products.
- We then ride along large crop fields, side by side with stunning unspoiled beaches, both painting the landscape as far as the eye can see.
- In the end, a well-deserved (and surely desired) swim.
- Both mind and body revitalized, take our private transfer to the hotel.
- Dinner and accommodation in Hotel in Vila Nova de Santo André.
- With another cycling day ahead, we indulge ourselves with a tasty breakfast…
- …and then head to the peaceful Santo André Lagoon, a rich habitat for countless bird species and place of wild beauty, surrounded by sand dunes and silence.
- As we move further along this magical coastline we reach another Lagoon, Melides, and take our time to discover the small village and have a drink facing this unique scenario.
- Meanwhile, we will enjoy another delicious picnic at our own pace.
- Afterwards we find our path through countless cork oak trees, iconic landmark of the region and important raw material for a great variety of portuguese products. For all things held by these fields, it couldn't be any less than a magical route.
- Once dinner time is here, we are more than happy to suggest some of the best typical restaurants in town.
- Hotel Accommodation.
- A hint of Culture to enhance the day: take your time to enjoy a rich breakfast and discover the charming historical center of Santiago do Cacém, the castle and the narrow streets flanked by beautiful manor houses.
- To reach the shore once again and the trail leading us to our next accommodation, we ride through a stunning oak forest and share our way with this unique ecosystem.
- Once side by side with the blue ocean, we breathe in deep on top of black schist cliffs and realize how small we are facing such a grand and majestic landscape.
- Arriving at the picturesque fishing village of Porto Côvo, it is time to have another picnic-style lunch.
- Afterwards, nothing better than a free afternoon in this lovely place… Walk, cycle, swim and chill as you are in the perfect spot to feel alive!
- Whatever your preferences may be, surely by dinner time you have already decided in which of the village's typical restaurants you wish to dine… and it will be hard to regret one's choice, as local delicacies and fresh fish are a must in this region.
- Accommodation in Porto Côvo.
- We set off to our first stop and suggestion of the day: visit the fort of Pessegueiro's Island with us and get the best panoramic views of the region.
- Many pictures later, we ride and roll towards Vila Nova de Milfontes, a piece of paradise. On our way, we may encounter some fishermen returning home with the day's catch while approaching a small fishing cove.
- Once in Vila Nova de Milfontes, another great lunch awaits us by impressive sand dunes and sea scent.
- As you will have free time in the afternoon, take the opportunity to relax on the peaceful and quiet river beach, opening ahead to the ocean, feel the atmosphere of the trendiest narrow streets and cafes… and smile back at the sun!
- Dinner and accommodation in a Rural Tourism House.
- We saved the wildest ride for last! Always with the ocean "following" us, discover islets, storks, waves, hidden breathtaking beaches and high cliffs.
- Once we had lunch in such fantastic surroundings, we will get to Odeceixe, a famous small village where the traditional ruralities of the region are kept alive.
- Take this afternoon off to simply enjoy the pleasures this region has to offer: sun, paradise beaches and big smiles!
- And then it is time for a special farewell dinner in one of Odeceixe's typical restaurants.
- Accommodation in Odeceixe.
- Transfer to Lisbon Airport at due schedule.
- End of our services.
Included in the Tour
7-Night Accommodation with Breakfast
Both Lunch and Dinner
Bicycle for 6 days with front bag and back rack
Support car during the cycling days
Escorting made by specialized guides and monitor, fluent English speaking
Logistic support in all activities
Access licenses to restricted areas of Natural Reserves
Not included in the Tour
Day 1 lunch
Dinner on day 4 and day 5
Day 8 both lunch and dinner
Food and drinks not specified on the program
Transfers not mentioned on the program