- 5 days
- July to October
- Geographic area
- Level of effort
- Max: 10
- Accommodation type
- Rural Tourism Unit
- Prices from
- Ask a quote!
A journey with Douro River as your best fellow traveler…
Between beautiful farms and the centennial vineyards which compound the awarded landscape of Douro Valley, hike along an old railway track by the river and sail the waters aboard a private boat.
Crossing the boundaries into Douro International Nature Park, paddle a kayak between the silence and the gorges that embrace the deep waters of Douro and discover another amazing region, taking part in their traditions.
In the time left, take the chance to uncover the mysteries of the romantic city of Oporto, the last stop of Douro River before it opens itself to the great Altantic Ocean.
- > FREE TIME IN OPORTO >
- Meet and greet at Oporto Airport (OPO) and private transfer to the hotel.
- Free time to visit the romantic city of Oporto.
- Welcome dinner at a restaurant with typical Portuguese Cuisine.
- Hotel accommodation in the city.
- > TRAIN RIDE TO DOURO VALLEY + HIKE (8 km) + PRIVATE BOAT RIDE >
- After an early call for a tasty and rich breakfast, we leave towards Campanhã Train Station, the starting point to an amazing train ride alongside the peaceful waters of the river and the outstanding Douro Valley\'s vineyards.
- Once in Douro Valley, the journey follows with a mild Trekking (approx.: 8 km) along an ancient deactivated railway beside the river shore allowing us to get the most stunning views of the region.
- A picnic-style lunch will then take place, facing this tranquility landscape.
- The remaining journey will be made aboard a private boat: relax and enjoy this dreamy panorama.
- Dinner and accommodation at a typical Rural Tourism House and restaurant, in Douro International Nature Park.
- > CANOEING IN DOURO INTERNATIONAL NATURE PARK (full day) + TRADITIONAL MUSIC WORKSHOP >
- After breakfast, we set off to an unforgettable adventure: Canoeing on Douro River between the impressive Arribas of Douro International Nature Park. This full-day unique experience \\\"paddles\\\" through the majestic 200 meters high gorge, in a totally wild landscape only inhabited by eagles, griffos and vultures.
- When it\'s time to take a break, restore your energies in a delicious picnic-style lunch.
- Later on, we invite you for a dinner of the best regional flavours and top it with a demonstration of the Traditional Music from Miranda do Douro, together with local artisans and cultural associations: get into the rhythm and feel free to get involved!
- Rural Tourism House accommodation in Douro International Nature Park.
- > CANOEING IN DOURO INTERNATIONAL NATURE PARK (half-day) + GUIDED CITY TOUR IN MIRANDA DO DOURO >
- As this trip was developed with the Canoeing enthusiasts in mind, this morning will be spent practicing this joyful activity once again, this time in a different location and scenario but still within the boundaries of the stunning Douro International Nature Park.
- Afterwards, a lunch in a typical restaurant preceds a guided City Tour to the historical center of Miranda do Douro and a visit to the local museum, where one can learn more about this charming medieval city, strategically located on the top of the cliffs.
- Return trip to Oporto and hotel accommodation in the city.
- > FREE TIME IN OPORTO >
- After breakfast, take the free time to stroll through majestic Oporto.
- Transfer to Oporto Airport (OPO) at due schedule.
- End of our services.
Included in the Tour
4-Night Accommodation with Breakfast
Lunch and Dinner according to the program
Private Boat Ride on Douro River
Entrance fees to the Museum of Miranda do Douro
Private transfer and transportation to/from activity sites
Permanent monitor and expert guides, fluent in English
Personal Accident Insurance for the activities
Logistic support on all activities
Food reinforcement / energetic supplements
Not included in the Tour
Day 1 lunch
Day 4 dinner
Day 5 both lunch and dinner
Food and beverages not specified on the program
Transfers not mentioned on the program