ADVENTURE IN GERÊS
- 7 days
- January to December
- Geographic area
- Level of effort
- Accommodation type
- Rural Tourism Unit
- Prices from
- Ask a quote!
This tour was carefully planed for those who like Nature and have a particular interest for local traditions, beginning with a 3-Day Mountain Trekking in Peneda-Gerês National Park, land of wild Nature and idyllic landscapes, unique and stunning sites. Hike the mountain paths and trails to unravel the deep contrasts between the green vegetation and the dark shades of grey in stone, in a scenery of wildlife and ancient villages.
In the remaining time it will be up to you to decide the perfect activity to top your day: a relaxing horseback ride through the mountains, a fun canoe river descent or a delightful bike ride along an eco-trail following the river are perfect for everyone; for the more adventurous ones, we suggest a refreshing Canyoning... just enjoy! We guarantee the ideal locations, the best Portuguese Cuisine and the most charming typical accommodation.
- > FREE TIME IN OPORTO >
- Meet and greet at Oporto Airport (OPO) and private transfer to the hotel.
- Free time to visit Oporto city, after checking-in.
- Welcome dinner in a traditional restaurant with typical Portuguese Cuisine.
- Hotel accommodation in Oporto.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (14 km) >
- After an early call for a tasty and rich breakfast we leave towards Peneda-Gerês National Park.
- On this day you can expect a 14-km Trekking path through magnificient and diversified landscapes. Hike through the mountain and breathe its fresh air, as you allow yourself to be fulfilled by such unique and ancient scenarios. Discover years of history step by step, path by path.
- Dinner and accommodation at a typical Rural Tourism House in the heart of the mountains.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (24 km) >
- After breakfast we invite you for another trekking day. We follow today\\\'s path towards Peneda Mountain. Once again a mountainous scenario rich in biodiversity, beauty and silence, where Nature meets Culture and History in the mountain villages lost in time and space, ancient agro-pastoral constructions, cliffs and prominent formations.
- Dinner at a restaurant with traditional Portuguese Cuisine.
- Accommodation at a typical hotel in the mountain.
- > MOUNTAIN TREKKING (16 km) >
- The third spectacular trekking awaits us! Today we will follow centennial routes of pilgrims and smugglers and then encounter a grand reservoir, one of the biggest in all Iberia, as well as the famous and amazing granaries of Soajo village.
- Dinner at a typical restaurant with regional dishes.
- Hotel Accommodation in Arcos de Valdevez.
- > HORSEBACK RIDE or CANOEING or CORN BREAD WORKSHOP >
- And because Splendid Evasion\'s team is always thinking about you, this day is of your complete choice and will, so that you can recover your strenghts.Choose between a relaxing horseback ride through idyllic landscapes or a refreshing canoe ride - guaranteed fun for friends and family!
- If you prefer something more genuine, take part in a local workshop on how to bake traditional gem and cornbread. While waiting for the final result, you will have the chance to go for a walk in the park and try some local wines.
- Lunch and dinner in a picturesque restaurant with a regional menu (picnic lunch if you choose the Workshop).
- Hotel accommodation in Arcos de Valdevez.
- > SELF-GUIDED BIKE RIDE or HIKE along the river or CANYONING + FREE TIME IN PONTE DE LIMA >
- Wake up for a rich breakfast as an adventurous day is ahead!
- Following a delightful path along the river, at you own pace go for a hike or ride a bike along this serenity landscape. And well-timed you will find a delightful picnic waiting for you, made from carefully selected regional products.
- ...And for those seeking adrenaline, we offer the opportunity to go all the way around and try an unforgettable Canyoning experience (only available between March and October), which will end with a well-deserved (and desired!) regional products tasting.
- Depending on your mood, before returning to Oporto you will still have time to visit Ponte de Lima and its historical city center.
- Return trip to Oporto and hotel accommodation in the city.
- > FREE TIME IN OPORTO >
- Free time in Oporto, before the departure.
- Transfer to Oporto Airport (OPO) at due schedule.
- End of our services.
Included in the Tour
6-Night Accommodation with Breakfast
Lunch and Dinner, according to the program
Private transfer and transportation to/from activity sites
Permanent monitor and expert guides, fluent in English
Personal Accident Insurance for the activities
Access licenses to restricted areas of the National Park
Logistic support in all activities
Food reinforcement / energetic supplements
Not included in the Tour
Day 1 lunch
Day 6 dinner
Day 7 both lunch and dinner
Food and beverages not specified on the program
Transfers not mentioned on the program